Friday, November 03, 2006

Be afraid. Be very afraid

For the last couple of years I have been growing out my hair so that I could chop it off and give it to locks of love. Tuesday evening at 10:30 PM, I finally did it. I chopped off all but a small portion of my hair, not bothering to notify anyone prior to my actions. I didn't stop there, though. No, I people might be shocked at the hair but I figured I could go one step better. I shaved off my beard as well. Now, I am a short haired man with no beard. Before, I was a long haired man with a full beard. Going to classes and work the next day provided many good reactions.

The first thing I got with many people was a double take. People that I have known for quite some time taking a good 5 seconds to recognize me as I stare right at them. Watching their facial expression as it goes from confusion to shock (and sometimes horror) upon recognition. One of the best was when Chip walked into the room. He did the double take and then let out a slight yelp as he realized who I was. Another good one was when I walked into choir and Crissy, after her 2x take, told me that I now look 1000x hotter. I guess that means I must have been REALLY ugly before...lol. However, the best one, the one that none of the others even come close to topping, was from my boss at Client Services, Patrinah. I walk into work with food like I usually do on Wensday. After about a minute, Patrinah storms out of her office with a scowl on her face. She as she looks at me her facial expression changes from a scowl to confusion. She blinks her eyes and shakes her head as if she's wondering what she is seeing is real. "Why?" is all she says. I explain it to her. Apparently, she thought that some random person walked into the help desk to eat lunch. She was coming out to inform me that I was NOT supposed to be there and that I needed to leave. By far the best reaction I have received. :-D

As for what the future holds, who knows? I need to get my hair out to Locks of Love still. I'm thinking I might grow my beard back, but not until I get a response from all those people I know. I still haven't seen a few of them. God bless. I'm outta here.

--Simon Peter

No comments: