Wednesday, October 25, 2006

One of those days...

Ever had one of those days where the world just seems to be working against you? Today is that day, for me.

1) Started off with only getting about 4 hours of sleep. This is my fault, and I enjoyed staying up, but not a good way to start the day.

2) Even though I was staying up, I didn't manage to get my paper done that is due today. Again, my fault, but more than a little frusterating.

3) I tried making espresso at home only to realize that my beans were way to old. It tasted like shit.

4) I was late for my appointment to register for classes this morning. Look to 1), 2) and 3) for reasons.

5) Found out during class registration/senior audit that Spring Arbor did NOT wait until second semester grades were out before sending my transcript. I have an entire semester + J-term missing in my records.

6) Was not able to confirm that I will be being able to graduate. Instead, I now have to get in contact with the head of both the Math and Chemistry departments, as well as contact Spring Arbor and tell them to get their asses in gear and send a transcript with ALL my grades on it so I can graduate.

7) Went to buy espresso at the on campus coffee shot since my espresso at home tasted lie shit. Their espresso machine was broken. I had to settle for a coffee. If I wanted coffee, I would have made it myself. I wanted espresso.

8) I have an essay question to answer at noon. I was going to review a bit of that before my class, but forgot my book back at my apartment.

9) A while ago our ISP (more problems there that I won't get into right now) changed our IP adress. I had had the old one memorized so I could VNC back to my desktop whenever I needed to. I wrote down the new IP on a piece of paper this morning, only to forget it as well at the apartment as I rushed out the door to try to not be later than I already was to my appointment.



If I thought about it, I could probably come up with more. Those are the major issues off the top of my head though. It's not even 11 yet. I am not looking forward to this day.

A few good notes, however:

1) I realized that I don't need my government course. I wouldn't mind if the professor didn't have such a retarded test weighting. However, he does. I dropped it this morning.

2) The coffee was on the house. This is the 3rd on the house coffee I've had in a week's time: 2 from $tar and 1 from the place here on campus.

PS. Starbucks now has a new name, $tar. When spoken, it is "chingtar", sort for "'cha-ching'tar", a sinanim for "'dollar-sign'tar", otherwise written as "$tar". Go forth and spread the slang.

--Simon Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your day isn't going very well, but you know what they say once you hit the bottom there is no where to go but up. I'm confident your day will get better. I'm sorry your paper didn't get done and I know all about this crap with transfering and things not carrying over, right now I have sophmore credits, I'm a junior, I should have junior credits, I have to contact my old school this week and confrence with my old school and my current school. It sucks. I really hope your day has gotten better and if it hasn't you can IM and vent it all later, I'll listen.