Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Between Life and the Lack there of...

I finally decided that maybe, just maybe, I'd try recording a few thoughts and sending them off into the wide world of the web in order to insure my future self to do something or another. Yeah, something noble like that.

Anyways, it's currently 10 PM on a Wednesday evening. Do you know where your kids are? Well, if you're my mom, you would probably not realize that your eldest son is at this very moment sitting at his computer and creating a blog entry. In the next few moments, he is going to go get his last Killians from the fridge, and drink it while writing his blog entry...brb

And I'm back. Anyways, this is the way my life has been going down. I've been living this semester off campus with a couple of guys in an apartment. It's not bad, living with Mark and Scott. They both have their good points and their bad points. Probably one of the hardest points though is that neither one of them are really Christian...ok, Mark claims to be, but he is truly the definition of a Sunday Christian (and he will be the first to admit that. I've heard him). Not to place the blame on them (it really is my own fault), but working up the motivation to go to church has not been easy...I think I've gone twice since the semester started. Not what I'd call a good track record. So, if you haven't guessed, my spiritual life is not really where it should be right now.

School's going about as well as school can be expected to go given the fact that I'm a horrible student who hates to do homework and always procrastinates until the very last minute on everything. I'm currently in some fun classes. Retaking Real Analysis because when I took it at SAU, it was only worth 2 credit hours (instead of the 3 here) and I don't really feel like I learned the material as well as I should have. Taking Quantum Mechanics, Scientific Computing II, General Bio (w00t freshman *sigh*), choir and American Government (which I just realized today that I really didn't have to take. That does not make me happy) and doing fairly well in all of them. I'm really not to worried about it.

What I'm worried about is the fact that I'm supposed to write a couple of fairly large research papers. Research papers are the bane of my existence. I despise writing papers to the very core of my being--along with a couple of other things like the Matrix reloaded. I really should get started on those but...once again, I'm a horrible student.

I've acquired a couple more computers over the summer and this semester so far. I now have 4 working P2s, 1 sorta working P1, 1 working AMD 900 Mhz, 1 not so working P2 and one not so working P1; along with enough spare parts to feed an army of silicon eating soldiers. Currently, 2 of my computers are being used by my family since their family machine broke and I supplied my brothers with a "gaming" computer. (It runs old games and a SNES emulator. That's about all.) I'm such a good son/brother.

Relationships...yeah, not so much. At least not in the romance category. Plenty of friends. I've actually got a fairly active social life this year. I play DnD (or variants) a couple of times a week and have been going out with a friend to the BWW downtown since before the begin of the semester. Also, I've been to a few parties. It's been pretty good socially this semester. Now, romance, that's where I've got nothing. Ah well. It'll most likely happen sometime. Until then, I just need to chill and let things be. Romance is really not something I really want to force...Although it probably wouldn't hurt for me to at least nudge it...*sigh*

On to better topics...I think I've more or less exhausted the basics of my life at the moment. I'm heading out. Gonna go pretend to do homework or something like that. Maybe write a letter I've been meaning to write for a couple of weeks now. I seem to be in the writing mood. Anyways, later anyone who may happen to stumble across this. Take care and God bless.

--Simon Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting